On Wednesday I went to the library and got out a range of books, the world is currently nearing a pandemic and Uni may be closing shortly. I wanted to be prepared so got a few books out so that I can research from books over the next short while as well as the internet. I used Massey Discover to find the books I wanted so I didn’t waste too much time looking for books.
Potential How Might We statements:
- How can communication design facilitate positive child-parent wellbeing in a paediatric ward. The opportunity is to use visual wayfinding
- How can communication design facilitate a sustainable and positive support network for families in a paediatric ward. The opportunity is to use an online platform for hospitalised children and their families to feel like they are able to be at home and at peace whilst they face the challenge of hospitalisation.
- How can communication design facilitate positive child-parent wellbeing in a paediatric ward through the role of music therapy whilst children and their parents face the challenge of hospitalisation. The opportunity is to use
- How can communication design facilitate positive child-parent wellbeing in a paediatric ward. Staff would be more like caregivers and the space would be more immersive and interactive for long-term stay patients to belong. The opportunity is to
– sheffield hospital
– exposure exhibitions – virtual plant
This week I talked to Ant about where I’m at with this project, I mentioned about the books I got out and that I’m looking at paediatric wards and thinking about how I could design a system to help those children and families or a spatial graphic wall. He made me feel confident as he said what I was thinking was called environmental graphic design, knowing it had a name and that I wasn’t going too far into the spatial area of design was relieving.
Notes from Ant:
- How might type contribute to an improved sense of wayfinding that might facilitate brightness in a children’s hospital?
- Most people would go in for a night
- Figure out who audience is
- Chemo patients for yr 13 students?
- Wayfinding – short term patients
- Eugoslavian conflicts – orphanages
- How have children’s hospital in developing nations designed for their long-term patients?
- What happens in nepal?
- The contrast between western and developing nation hospitals?
I could now explore:
- An education system
- designing for comfort
- social relationships